Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Medical or open heart surgery?

So this post is mainly a way for me to vent about how silly things are in Qatar sometimes... get ready for a whole lot of complaining. Stop reading now if you don't want to hear my "dramatic" story.

This week I set out thinking - "right I will get my medical and visa done for Thailand then I will be done and can relax for the rest of my 5/6 weeks" - yeh, right, haha! My medical... the Dr. looked at the paper and said "I have never seen a form like this"- I knew it wasn't going to be easy. She really had no idea what the form was and she had no idea what a check up was! No lady I am not sick, I just want you to ask me the questions, take my temp, and sign the form saying that I am good to go. She wouldn't do this until I got all the vaccines on the list after I told her I didn't need them. We finally agree that I am going to get the top three and of course they only had one. So she sends me off to get the others and says come back and she will sign it. So I leave and the next place only has one out of the 2 and they say that Doha is all out of the last one I need. Great! Yay! Hot and sweaty I go back to my clinic to find out the shift has changed and the new doctor says "I cannot sign this because the director is not here and the director must sign it" - IT SAYS PHYSICIAN'S SIGNATURE not DIRECTOR OF HOSPITAL SIGNATURE. So my medical didn't get signed yet, my arms hurt from both the shots, and I am left thinking... All I wanted was a check up not the "go ahead" for open heart surgery. Really?

My visa isn't a big deal but the traffic was. So here is the rant - LEARN HOW TO MERGE. One on, one off, one in, one out! It really isn't that hard people of Doha! It would make the traffic actually better! There would be less traffic! When I got to the Thai Embassy I was missing a bunch of letter and forms but the lady was nice and once I hand that in I will be golden.

I just really don't want to go back to the doctor to get it signed because the place just makes my BLOOD BOIL. Not to mention when I am sitting there talking to the doctor and she is asking me the questions on the medical we keep getting interrupted by a lady who speaks only bedouin Arabic - she clearly didn't understand the number system or waiting her turn.

To top this week off my AC broke, again. Sleeping in the heat is no fun. Sleeping with it on couldn't happen because it leaks and I have never been the kind of person who likes to fall asleep to the sound of the rain. Thank goodness I tracked down the AC guy on the compound today and he had some free time to come fix it! I can't wait for a good nights sleep - maybe I will take the medical task with a smile on my face now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment