Monday, April 29, 2013

This kid knows what college/university is about!

You know when you are having one of those days... one of those days you just need a little laughter because work has you completely zoned out. Today has been one of those days for me. I have been typing away, correcting and marking, and responding to emails all morning. My music is playing lightly in my headphones and I am in my own little bubble. Anyone who walks past me probably thinks I am miserable because my face is expressionless and I am starting to get a headache from the computer screen. I am marking online essays and I get to this one essay which makes me giggle.

The essay was about why people go to college/university and the student starts off with all the correct points about education, jobs, and growing up. The student then concludes the essay with, "finally and the most important is you will have lots of parties." I have often heard my father say "I payed all that money for you to party for four years!" He might be right but I always argue back that I did go to class, I did pass, and I did walk away with a diploma. So even though I did have a lot of fun while I was at school I believe that it was fun that needed to be had for happiness. I really hope that people never forget that no matter how serious life gets you should always make room for fun. This student clearly knows that happiness comes from balancing studies with fun and I hope that he/she follows this rule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment