Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This is not going well... maybe I should make an audio tape?

I have been trying to learn the Arabic Alphabet. Trying is the key word here and clearly I need a different approach. Maybe I should download it as a song for my iPhone and rock out to it while I am stuck in traffic? I am extremely jealous of any expat that has learnt Arabic. I have been living here for way too long and I only know the basics. After a year with Arabic speaking students I have found that sometimes I can understand the general idea of what they are chatting about before I yell at them "ENGLISH PLEASE!" This is not enough! I need to be able to join in on conversations!

I wish I had the time to learn Arabic. It is one of my biggest regrets. I believe that over a year ago when I moved back it was on the top of my list of things to do but like always it pushed aside and I still cannot hold a conversation.

I will learn this alphabet! It must happen! I must have a little bit of Arabic success!

No comments:

Post a Comment