Thursday, January 12, 2012

Betty's Again!

Today we go to Harrogate, an old Bath town. People used to go there because the water was suppose to cure and heal but little did they know that it was nothing more than sulfur water. Now the baths are museums. I have been here before but it was so long ago that I don’t remember it at all. After we park, we head to Betty’s, big surprise here. I have already been warned that this is where we will eat because they love Betty’s Teahouse. Cheryl is already talking about what she will get for dessert. Again they drink tea and coffee and I sip on water while I think about how yummy my fruit tart is going to be for dessert. After lunch we walk around. Some street singer sings about my beautiful smile which makes my Gramma giggle, and she turns to me and says “let me see this beautiful smile.” It was kind of embarrassing... After we look around, they go into Molten Brown, where my nose is confused by all the smells but they head straight for the body wash they love because they always get the same things. I won’t say who copies who but it is pretty easy to guess. We hunt down the Cath Kidston store so that Cheryl can buy an new iPhone case, and then before we head back to the barn with scary sounds my Gramma has to pick up 8 cappuccinos from Starbucks (these will last her for a few days), and they are all VENTI of course! I head back to London tomorrow so Gramma and I spend the rest of the night in the living room watching a Murder Mystery Show on BBC that she loves chatting about how much we will miss each other. We talk about fashion, mainly purses because I know she is spending 2 weeks in London before returning to Florida and I know she will be returning with some new purses. It has been a great couple of days with her here in Yorkshire and even though I haven’t slept because of the weird sounds the house makes and the howling wind at night I am so happy to be here with her. I am sad that I have to leave tomorrow but at the same time I don’t think I could eat another dessert. I know they are taking me to Betty’s again tomorrow before I get on the train but I will have to politely refuse the dessert! I need to lose weight not add more chub to my cheeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment