Friday, January 13, 2012

"What will we do without you?"


Pulled out my laptop on the train because we are delayed an hour. Probably a dead cow on the track they need to remove but of course they don’t really tell you anything, and they honestly don’t know how long the delay will be. I used up my free 15 minutes of wifi and I am not about to pay for the Internet. America has way more places with free wifi than England does. I find this odd. 


So yes, we went to Betty’s again. I am exhausted today. 3 hours of sleep because of the howling wind. I swear the house was going to blow away last night, and it sounded like someone was outside. I never sleep with the light on but last night I had to. I finished my book, counted sheep, listened to music, but nothing could get me to fall asleep. Gramma and Cheryl waited with me until the train came. I am extremely sad to say goodbye and my Gramma is upset because she doesn’t know when I will be returning to America. She keeps on saying, “What will we do without you?” Honestly I don’t know what they will do without me because they can’t open the door to the house, and they need me to remind them of things - "don't forget your umbrella!" I really don’t see how they have gotten along without me. Gramma says she should have gotten lost on the way to the train station so that she could keep me so that I can look after them for the rest of the trip. I don’t think my Dad would be pleased about that. I need to find a job! I had a little anxiety about it last night... I need to stop thinking about it until Monday when I am in Qatar and I don't have many distractions. Once I am in Qatar I get focused on my “career.” Ummm... It would so help if I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up.

I am meeting Sara at Victoria, and we are heading to Kent tonight. She already called and said that we will be having a George night. She took tomorrow off work and we are going to head to London around lunch and explore some. Meet Sophie for dinner. Then I bought us tickets to see Chicago at Garrick Theatre in the West End. I am pretty excited! I love a good show and I really hope the seats are good! 




No comments:

Post a Comment