Saturday, January 14, 2012

ALL THAT JAZZ!


Today was Sara and Catie’s day of FUN, and it was a very good day indeed. On the train back to Kent, after the guy next to me started to throw up after his “big night out,” we both said we wished we could do it all over again the next day but minus the throw up guy of course.



So we got to London and headed to Covent Garden to search for Wahaca – a Mexican restaurant that Sara had heard about. Well we found it, and boy did we eat! It was delicious. We got the sample meal set and margaritas of course. I am a huge Mexican fan and normally England never gets Mexican right but this was a great place! Better than anything I have had in the states for sure! Interesting design, and great food! Glad we got semi lost trying to find it with a BlackBerry map!




After lunch we went to google at the men at Ralph Lauren Rugby. Then we wondered around Covent Garden, stopping for about 15 minutes to laugh at a horrible street performer. Let’s just say we didn’t really see him do any interesting tricks. After exploring Covent Garden we headed over to Leicester Square where Sara dragged me into “4 levels of fun” aka M&M world and we continued to take tourist photos and had to say no to the Italian trying to give me “free candy.”

Drinks at the W, chatting about holidays we want to plan. I hope Sara can make it out to Doha in March. Maybe I will still be here? We had time to kill before the show and while we waited for Sophie, so why not enjoy an expensive cocktail in a cool bar? Sophie finally arrived and we chatted with another drink at the pub next to Garrick Theatre. Sara said I was like the “glue,” and I’m flattered. Whenever we are all together it feels like old times. Like I have said before, a year or more may go by but it always feels like just yesterday when we all get back together again. Can’t wait for Ibiza 2012 – this has to happen! Chicago was amazing. Of course I downloaded the soundtrack when we got home – I have a musical problem. However we all agreed that we needed to go on a serious fitness routine/diet after watching toned, skinny, barely dressed woman dance about for two hours.




This Friday in London was a great ending to my mini vacation in England. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Spending time with my lifelong friends (two of my soul mates), as well as my Gramma (whom I adore), was just what I needed. Even though I am missing everyone at home in the US of A, I have had a great time here in the UK and I can’t wait to travel on to Doha to spend time with my Dad. Time to get my life a little more organized. I have all day tomorrow to be lazy with Sara, maybe even a country walk, and then an EARLY flight to Doha on Sunday morning. Even though I am excited to go to Doha, I don’t want to leave at the same time! Oh heartstrings!

Even though only Sara and Sophie will get this I end this entry with “and cheers to braces!”




No comments:

Post a Comment