Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yorkshire Arrival - Tea Anyone?




Gramma and Cheryl greeted me as soon as I got off the train and were amazed to hear that I took the C3 bus to Earls Court, the underground Piccadilly line from Earls Court to Kings Cross and then a 2 and half hour train to see them with ALL my luggage! I will not lie, it was stressful and by the time I got on the train to Yorkshire I was exhausted from dragging two bags, my laptop case, and purse across London. Thank God I left when I did because I wouldn’t have caught my train if I had left a minute later! 

As soon as we through my stuff into her Volvo we head to Betty’s Tea shop where Cheryl forces us all into having a dessert after a rather filling meal. Northallerton is about a 45-minute drive through tiny country roads to where they are staying and they warn me the whole way there that this place is a “party house” and that I will be highly entertained at the guest book. The guest book has comments like “rum and babies don’t mix” and “smoking Mary Jane while howling at the moon.” They then tell me I should look into it for a weekend with my friends. I was a little worried about them after this comment. Sitting in the back seat I do feel a little nervous because my Gramma seems to be driving like a race car driver. Gramma and Cheryl talk about each village we drive through, and it's mainly about whither or not the pub had good food or not. Food – this is how they seem to rate the villages and how they decide where they will go for the day. It has been an entertaining half of a day and I am so glad that I was able to see them during their trip.

My Mommy says that I am making my Gramma’s trip by coming to see her and I hope she knows that I love that I get to see her, and that she is making mine! I am so very excited to see how my Gramma and her sister act when they are abroad, and just what they do during their days. I only really know that they wake up at 8.30 or 9, get dressed, head out, and then they make it back before dark because my Gramma does not like to drive in the dark. This really will be an interesting couple of days. The house they are staying at is a converted old barn, on top of a hill, near the river Ure, and I can already tell that my bed is going to be slightly uncomfortable as it is a twin bunk bed. The house makes weird noises! I hate spooky sounds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment