Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jetlag and Kent

Arrived in London on the 1st. Hot, smelly, and tired. I hate the way I feel when I get off a plane. I always feel so dirty. Oh and I was in the middle seat for 8 and half hours and the tiny girl next to me sat crossed legged for half of this time and gave me an evil look when I tried to use the arm rest. Joy! After landing and saying Happy New Year to the lady at Immigration and getting a snotty "yeah" response from her I took a 50 pound (wow cheap!) taxi to Sophie’s flat where her mother greeted me as Sophie was still sound asleep from her NYE partying the night before. When Sophie finally woke up it was catch up time and then off to the Waterside pub for a Sunday Roast (my favorite). Roast chicken, roast veggies and potatoes, and yorkshire pudding. So must better than airplane food!

On the 2nd I met Sara at Clapham and then we traveled to Victoria and caught the train to Kent. Exhaustion doesn’t describe how I was feeling yet we stayed up till 2 am chatting and laughing. Nothing ever changes with us. It is funny how I have not seen either one of these girls in over a year and yet it feels like we just saw each other a week ago. I think that is how you can tell a friendship is pure and lasting. When time goes by yet it feels like you were never apart. These girls are like my sisters, I will always have them in my life, and we will always make plans to keep in touch. 

The girls started back at their fancy London jobs today. Sara works for Gordon Ramsey, and Sophie words for a private event planner. I won’t say I’m not jealous of them because that would be a lie. I wish I could find a glamorous London job. I wish my dream life could be a reality. I ought to make it happen and hopefully one day I will! Today I slept until 3pm. Jet lag always gets to me after the 2nd day and it always knocks me out. My sleep pattern should be normal after today, hopefully. As I sit here with a cup of tea, waiting on Sara to get home from work I dream of moving to London. I love London. I wouldn’t mind being cold if I lived in London, and everyone knows I hate the cold. I am so happy that I have gotten to catch up with my best friends and I can’t really ask for more. Off to The George later as it is tradition that Sara and I go when I come to town. Next weekend we will go on our traditional country walk (yes we are strange). Hopefully I don’t slip down the stairs at The George tonight. Boy, that was embarrassing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment