Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye America!




My mother waited until she could no longer see me and then she finally left the Savannah airport. I was putting everything on the x-ray machine and I could still see her waving out of the corner of my eye. Once I finally got to my gate, which was a 20 second walk from the x-ray machine, I look back and she is still standing there waving. My sister is looking extremely embarrassed next to her and my Dad is no longer there (most likely headed for the car already). I called Emily once I got on the plane to let her know that they could leave now and she said that my Mom said she wasn't leaving until I got on the plane - she is so silly sometimes! Sitting on the first plane, headed to Dallas where I have a short layover and then an 8 and half hour flight to London where I arrive bright and early at 7.30 AM on New Years Day. Sophie is going to just love me when I wake her up! I hope that I don’t get stuck in the middle seat for the long flight. I hate the middle seat. I also hope something cool happens as we ring in the New Year. Everyone was like “Why are you leaving on NYE?” and “How boring!” To be honest I would rather be at some huge party getting champagne drunk but like that saying goes “The way you spend your New Year is the way you will spend the year” and since I plan on traveling – why not be on plane? 



No comments:

Post a Comment