Monday, January 30, 2012

Traveling in Style.

I know my posts haven't been full of detail, or long, but I am just giving snaps of how my days go in Doha. It is nothing extravagant it is just simple Doha living with Deryle Duncan. Working at the farm, studying at the farm, and feeding my horse friends carrots, apples, and polo mints. Yeah -  I am cool. 

So today. While I was driving, yes my father finally lets me drive, to the farm we got stuck behind this pickup truck with some interesting cargo. Of course, since I was driving, I will give the photo credit to my father because one is never to take photos and drive, especially on Qatari roads! Al Shahania Farm is right across from the camel track and hopefully I can convince my Dad to take me to the camel races one day because I am sure I would get some great photos. These two guys/or girls are headed to the race track I am sure (or to be someones dinner but I am going for the positive look here). 

The other night we were at dinner with a friend from the horse world and he was telling us about how some guy is winning all the camel races right now, but that on top of prize money they are giving away cars (something they used to do at the horse races), and that this guy has already won like 32 cars. I am thinking that it is time I invest in a camel, train it, win races, and make some profit off selling the cars I win... or heck if I could win 32 I would start my own taxi cab service or something! New life plan - a good one I know. I really like the fact that not only are they in a big pickup truck but it is a pretty pimped out one. Cool colors, and interesting pictures... if ONLY my Dad had gotten a shot of the inside of the truck cap - pimped out big time! I'm talking things hanging, fabric details, gold (fake) details, more pictures, and bells. 
Good luck at the races tonight camels! 



No comments:

Post a Comment