Monday, October 28, 2013

Ohhhh Nichole - Chapter 1

Before I start this section of my blog I feel it is necessary to introduce the MUSE.

 

Nichole Baldino is one of my new "roomies" - well we live in Amata Mansion together and she often sleeps in Alex's room because Alex doesn't have a cockroach problem. We all started teaching at Kaset at the same time together but she has a lot more high school classes so we are not in the same office. Sad. Nichole grew up in West Hempstead, New York. She had never had a Long Island Iced Tea until Koh Samet - shocking as she is from there right? She loves to sing even though she isn't very good at it and her favorite song is Don't Think Twice It's All Right by Bob Dylan. No need to go into detail about what she looks like because Nichole is (and will be) featured a lot on my blog because she travels with me and this "Ohhhh Nichole" section will not die out.

 

So over the last few weeks Nichole has said some really great things. Alex and I are often dying with laughter but don't worry we are allowed to laugh because if we didn't then Nichole would be worried. Only friends can laugh like we do. I wanted to start a s*i* Nichole says part of my blog but her friends from home have started a book named that already so I thought it best to stick with "Ohhhh Nichole" because after she says such funny, and random, things I often find myself saying that to her. I am not sure if some of these are "you had to be there moments" so sorry if you don't laugh - I am posting these so I never forget.

 

During our first week at work -

Alex: Did you get straight a's in college?

Nichole: I got a b once.

She is full of information!

 

Finding out a little more about each other -

Nichole: My dream when I was a kid was to work in a pizzeria. I gave up in 6th grade.

 

Glad we got this one (now if Nichole says no we say how upset JB would be) -

Nichole: My Thailand motto is never say NO... like Justin Beiber says, "NEVER SAY NEVER!!!"

 

I am not even sure how this one came about -

Nichole: I played basketball until they realized I wasn't growing anymore. I used to be good.

 

When Alex made a LeBron James reference -

Nichole: I thought you said Ron James. Guys I know who LeBron James is - hello - I used to play basketball!

 

Pretty self explanatory -

Me: I'm going be a hippy for Halloween.

Alex: You can wear your moo moo dress!

Nichole: I was always a hippy. One year someone said I looked like Janice Joiplin. I aspire to be her. It made my day.

 

On the topic of mopeds right before we had to get on one in Rayong without a helmet, never say never Nichole -

Alex: Nichole wants to invest in a helmet for when she has to take a motor bike.

Nichole: 1 - I would never get on one of those things without a helmet AND 2 - I would never put that one they give you on my head. Hello - precious cargo!!!

Another picture proof that Nichole really did say "Never Say Never!!!" :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment