Sunday, March 25, 2012

Working Hard, or Hardly Working?


After a little "break" from classes it is safe to say that my students have forgotten how  long the days can be. I sneaked this photo of them because I just had to capture how tired, and miserable, they all look.

As the weeks pass I look back and I am extremely proud of how far they have come. They already knew the basic foundations of English but their dedication has helped them improve their skills in all areas. I am so honored to be apart of their learning process and I am so happy that I am getting this experience at Texas A&M. I love it! I love teaching English and I really am going to do it for a while :) Been talking with a friend about possibly teaching in Thailand starting maybe in June because this class will be done and Texas A&M does not have a summer semester. We shall see... I have been researching it all so I hope it really does work out!

I have so many funny stories from the classroom and I have become good friends with all the guys. They joke around with me but they also take the class time seriously because they are very serious about their future and an education at Texas A&M. I really think that the energy of the classroom is something unique. Shelagh (the lady who I am an assistant to) and I absolutely adore them all and we really have them all figured out... their phrases are hysterical, and their hand gestures when they give up make us laugh as well. They have such uplifting smiles and charming personalities which are all SO different it makes the classroom a very positive and fun place to teach in.

Today they bought me a cake for my birthday and I was given a beautiful gold bracelet (posted a picture with my birthday post). So sweet! I really don't want the class to end! We are having such a great time, and I love learning all about teaching English as a secondary language from inside a classroom and not online! Shelagh is such an inspiring person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment