Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The W - maybe my new favorite place?

So I have now had drinks at the W in London, and dinner at the the Spice Market in Doha (dinner and cheap, yet surprisingly expensive wine). And I won't forget to mention that we spent Easter at the W in Atlanta a couple years ago... I think I am starting a trend here. Ha. The hotel is just all around cool, no matter what country it is in. The interior designer/s of this place have done a great job (photos from website).

About a week ago I went to dinner at Spice Market. It was an excellent night out with an old friend, and some people she has introduced me to, here in Qatar. My chicken pad thai was amazing, and Courtney Dutton you would have been extremely jealous. I am enjoying getting out and about here in Doha, meeting new people, and going to places that were not here before I left. Got lots planned now, I am super busy with teaching, and exploring the "new Doha." It is nice to have the comforting things that never change, but I love how developed this place has gotten and how many more interesting places there are to visit. I still need to go for a walk along the corniche, back to the souq, camel track, dunes, beach, and much more and I can't wait! 


I can't forget to "name drop" but when we were all sitting eating out meal at Spice Market someone noticed that at the table next to us James Blunt was enjoying a cosy meal with some of his crew/event manager/entourage (have no idea who they were). In true Doha fashion I had no clue he was even playing here. You always find out about stuff that happens, after it happens. He played at the Intercontinental Hotel on Valentine's Day. Now I love me some James Blunt, and I think it is great he stopped here in Doha to play, but, but it made me think - just how badly is he doing these days? 




No comments:

Post a Comment