Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mezza


What can I say? I love a good mixed mezza from my favorite Arabic restaurant. I don't think I could ever get sick of it. A dinner consisting of great hummus, fattoush, tabbouleh, mutabbal, bubaghanoush, lebneh, olives, and vine leaves with some fresh arabic bread is all I really need. I can tell my Dad is already getting sick of my constant suggestion of mixed mezza for dinner but after not having it for so many years I want it for lunch and dinner! You may think you have had some good hummus but I will promise you this - this hummus is so much better. The whole texture, and taste is so much better. You can't find anything to compare it to back home!

When we were living here full time, as a whole family, we would go to Al Majlis all the time. We would get one of the big rooms with the floor cushions and low table. It has always been one of the best places to eat out in Doha, and it has always been a family favorite. When my Dad has guests he makes sure to take them to Al Majlis not only for the amazing food but the great atmosphere.

I can't forget to mention about my love for fresh juices again. Yes the little juice stall restaurants load theirs with sugar, however, there are places that it is natural and fresh. My Dad and I have often stopped at the "over priced," as he calls it, juice stall on the way to the farm to get a mango juice. I could use one now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment