Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home for the Holidays!

So I am on my flight back "home" after being HOME for a month. I don't know were to start. I had not been back in the US for just over 11 months. Lets just say when I went to fill the Jeep up for the first time I was a little nervous that I might have forgotten how to pump gas. So expat of me - I know - but I did it and I even shut off the engine. 



Home was great. It made me want to be closer to home but right now a bigger part of me loves what I am doing so I won't be making any changes soon. Cheers to 2013 and all the changes it will hopefully bring! Hopefully it will bring some new travels also! 



Highlights - 



1. My family. I miss all of them everyday I am away and sometimes it sucks that I can't just DRIVE home for a weekend. Everyone has grown up and changed a lot in the almost year I have been away. Yes, even you mother! I loved every silly moment with them. I wish a certain older brother could have been there but that is life! I know that Christmas as a complete family doesn't always happen as you get older - I really hope I never have to miss one! 


2. Cheesy Christmas photos.  These ones should explain everything - 




3. A wedding I would have never missed. My Auburn loves all at once for a weekend and some special extra few days with some. Thank you Katie Downer for convincing me that going to a strip club was a good idea. Everyone needs to experience that. I am so glad I got to see everyone and be included in one of the Auburn 2012 weddings. I highly enjoyed making LV believe that I was engaged to a Sheik for about 2 minutes - "I didn't know you were dating anyone!"



4. Spending time with the friends I made during my brief stay in Beaufort. Time has passed but speaking to them weekly means that time really hasn't passed. A day in Charleston, a night Downtown or a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party - all are times I will not forget and grateful we got to have.


5. A football game with Holly. I mean did we really get sold FAKE tickets to a JAGS game? So glad they are going to the Super Bowl. Holly only you will understand why this was a highlight. 


6. Bacon - yes I said BACON. My mom was amazed the first morning when I have about 6... Well maybe 10 slices of the amazing thing call bacon. Crispy bacon. I will always be thankful for you. Turkey bacon or beef bacon is was I am going back to and when I was crying in the airport earlier today that was a slight reason why.

 7. Shopping. What I am a girl! Of course I am going to add this to my highlight. My new iPhone is amazing, my new bags are lovely, and shoes - I just love shoes!

8. My family, again. I would not be the person I am today without them so they get a double mention because they are the reason I went home in the first place. Miss you all! Yallah lets plan a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment