Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dubai in DETAIL!


Walking along the Dubai Marina. 
This just might be one of my favorite/funniest photos I have taken so far! 


Dubai Marina.


Being a tourist in front of the Burj Khalifa.


Yum


The dancing fountain outside of the Dubai Mall.


Jumping people fountain inside the Dubai Mall. 


Top of Burj Khalifia.


Fancy Souq indoor Souq. 

So since I am still on a visiting visa my 90 days were up and I had to leave the country so naturally I went to Dubai for the day :) 

I went with my second mother and it was a pre-birthday day of treats. She had the day all planned out and it was a perfect day trip to Dubai. The last time I was in Dubai was years ago for the Dubai World Cup when my father was racing. We would go and spend a weekend, go shopping, and go to the water park! It was always around my birthday so how fitting that my visa run was right before my birthday as well. 

We did so much in just one day! Started the day off with lunch at the Dubai Marina where I had REAL bacon, then took a walk down by the marina looking at all the yachts, and along to the Marina Mall. After that we took the metro over to the Dubai mall which allows you to really see how much Dubai has grown over the years and to see the skyline at a great angle. The Dubai Mall is amazing. I would say it is better than anything we have in the states. So many shops, so little time! It has a pretty cool fountain, a souq style section, and an aquarium - Dubai showing it's extravagance at it's finest! Just outside the Dubai mall is the dancing fountain and the Burj Khalifa (the worlds tallest building). After a day of walking around the city, and two malls, we enjoyed a nice arabic meal after wondering through the "posh" souq. Perfect timing as we just finished our meal we got to see the fountain go off and the water show was pretty amazing as it went along with some Arabic music. I wish we could have stayed longer because there is so much to do in Dubai but all I needed was a day out of the country so that I could come back to Qatar and get another visiting visa. I will have to plan a weekend trip there soon that is for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment