Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Al Dana Club!

Today I had to get my hair cut and highlighted because boy did it need it and I went to get it done at the Al Dana Club. When we were living here in Doha as a family we had a membership here and if we were not out on the boat we were swimming here. Sara Al Ali and I would always be here causing trouble, having diving competitions, or eating lunch at the bar IN the pool and charging it to our fathers!

Walking though the club made me smile because I was remembering all the good times I have had here. The tennis lessons that ending in tears from laughing so much, or the world pool that you could create if you got 2 or 3 people to swimming around the edge of the circle in the baby pool. Sometimes even after the boat we would come just to jump in the pool after a day of salt water. I can pretty much say that from a VERY early age I was a water child. There is just something about swimming and being in the sun that has always made me happy. When I tell my Mom I want to live in London she always replies "that is so silly, you need to be by a beach, and you have to have sun!" Clearly living in a desert for most of my life has not scared me away from hot days!

I love the feeling a place of your past can bring. Just being there for such a short time helped me remember how fun growing up in Qatar was. It is funny how a simple swimming pool could create so many memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment