Friday, February 17, 2012

ALL OF THE LIGHTS!


Somebody is getting married and wants everyone to know! Don't quote me on this but if I remember correctly this means a young woman in this house is getting married. The family of the daughter decorates the house with lights. I personally think it is a lovely tradition and it makes the ordinary white concrete block houses look beautiful, well at night! I do laugh though because growing up I asked my Dad to put lights on our house sometimes when I would have a birthday party, or just any random party. I guess everyone around us just thought "poor guy, he has a lot of daughters!" I think I might bring this tradition to the states and make my parents put lights on our house when I get married. 

The photo is such a bad one because I only had my phone on me when we drove past it. I am hoping to find a house and take a picture with an actual camera because I know that the quality, and the lights will look far better than above! One of my students is constantly going to weddings so I am sure another house will not be hard to find! 

No comments:

Post a Comment